The Mexican dinner last night must have had a battle in my stomach during the night, and I woke up with a reenactment of the campfire scene from the movie “Blazing Saddles”. I know that a cycling couple checked in the tent spot next to me, but I was sure they had left early in the morning. I was horrified to see their tent still standing when I got out of mine ๐ณ. Oh well, they seemed like experienced cyclists and must have encountered worse on the trail. Besides, they were heading north, so I would probably never see them again. ๐
I left the campground soon afterwards and headed south out of Columbia Falls. Glacier National Park is close by, which is why they get so many tourists. What I don’t get is traveling with a huge RV with a pickup truck towed behind with a motorcycle in the back. Yes, I saw a few single men doing that. ๐คจ
The route today would be mostly on pavement. It was pretty going through some of the large estate neighborhoods until I was back in Hillbilly country. I will say that the drivers on the road were mostly courteous with maybe the exception of one, who I saluted promptly.
I stopped at one of the only eating places along the route for lunch. Andy came in about 20 minutes later. He had decided to skip staying an extra day in Columbia Falls, since it was so loud and boring hanging around the campground. I can’t blame him. He said that his knee was feeling a lot better. ๐

Lunch place
We looked at the map and decided that Swan Lake would be the best option to stay the night. The only problem was that we had to ride 12 miles on a two lane highway to get there. Since I had a good rear light and beacon, I would ride behind him, with a close eye on my rearview mirror. There were also guardrails on our side so we really couldn’t avoid riding on the road. For the most part the drivers were good, but it wasn’t too pleasant. Luckily it wasn’t too busy.
We were happy to pull off that road when we got to our Swan Lake campground. The store was still open, so we got our complimentary Huckleberry shakes and a pizza afterwards. Life is good!

Hi Walt! ๐ I'm just a few miles outside of Swan Lake right now on my way to fish the Blackout River. Looks like you are having some fun :) keep spinning!
ReplyDelete